Search for content in message boards

newspapers.com

Replies: 19

Re: newspapers.com

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2012 9:44AM GMT
My first responses from newspaper.com.

Our initial start-up images did come from existing sources. However, all of the new newspapers will be coming from other unique, outside, and often exclusive sources.

I do not know of any Ancestry.com plans to take down their newspapers. But they currently not very easy to find on their site.

Also, as an Ancestry.com and Fold3.com member you are eligible for the discounted $39.95 annual membership rate.

Sincerely,
Shane
Newspapers.com Support
support@newspapers.com

Our initial start-up images came partially from Ancestry.com and partially from Newspaperarchives.com. We also have papers from a few other sources as well, and as I mentioned before, all of our new content will be coming from sources other than Ancestry and Newspaperarchives.

Sincerely,

Shane
Newspapers.com Support
support@newspapers.com

DUH - we've told ancestry for years that their newspaper search was terrible.

acnestry didn't have all the newspaperarchive.com papers. We knew that - at least those of use that had subscriptions.

I am still waiting to hear what the so called other sources are. So far no answer to that one.

As an aside comment.

IMO Fold3 searches are horrible now that ancestry has them.

OH.... I wish there was some actual reputable company that would get into this business.

ancestry, you used to be great but these days I cringe every time I see that you've taken over (bought out) another company. What was once easy to use you've corrupted.

Another link - review from facebook:

http://genealogy.about.com/b/2012/12/01/why-newspapers-com.h...

IMHO - wait, hold your breath - maybe they will actually come up with some new, never before before offered newspapers.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AGHatchett3rd 30 Nov 2012 6:37PM GMT 
dh_2000 30 Nov 2012 11:42PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 30 Nov 2012 11:51PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 1 Dec 2012 6:05PM GMT 
mbmjlm 2 Dec 2012 2:22PM GMT 
dh_2000 2 Dec 2012 3:41PM GMT 
dh_2000 2 Dec 2012 3:44PM GMT 
dh_2000 4 Dec 2012 9:25PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 4 Dec 2012 9:41PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 4 Dec 2012 10:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions