Search for content in message boards

Good Job!!

Replies: 11

Re: Some good, more bad

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 9:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was automatically switched, too, and don't like it. I've had the link to try the "new" way to add records but never tried it because I was quite happy with the existing way. Change around here, generally more often than not, means not positive change. Since I had no choice in the matter a few days ago, my experience with the new way is that it's more cumbersome.

I could edit the information in the various fields by clicking into the fields, rather than clicking the "edit" button, so still had the same number of clicks as before. However, for census records saved, the system automatically filled in the description field with "age X" which I found redundant since that is already on the timeline for each life event shown on the profile.

For military records, such as draft registrations for WWI and WWI, it would add a 2nd residence event for the same record, 1st event for the place of registration and 2nd for the actual place of residence. I feel this is redundant, too, as most generally the places for both of these have been the same in the records I've saved. If they haven't been, I add a note to the description field to explain that Joe Doe registered in X place but lived in Y within the same township or county.

Either way, new or old, I agree that information in the "attach record" fields have to be edited every single time a record is attached because it never matches what the actual record contains.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jenmay76 8 Dec 2012 3:08PM GMT 
frostfreedet 8 Dec 2012 5:17PM GMT 
daciodan 8 Dec 2012 5:20PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 8 Dec 2012 5:54PM GMT 
bonedigger176 9 Dec 2012 4:37PM GMT 
Karl Greenwoo... 9 Dec 2012 6:02PM GMT 
bonedigger176 9 Dec 2012 7:19PM GMT 
frostfreedet 10 Dec 2012 1:53AM GMT 
JenHodnett4 10 Dec 2012 6:14PM GMT 
frostfreedet 10 Dec 2012 9:29PM GMT 
per page