Search for content in message boards

Shoe Box issues...

Replies: 2

Re: Shoe Box issues...

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Dec 2012 2:54PM GMT
Exactly!!

I frequently use word documents to type out my stuff before I post - especially when there are links involved... not just the link, but the data and the source. I know this takes more time, especially when you are trying to help someone. Sometimes I don't back up... and that's when all hell breaks loose.

There are people trying to build their trees without a subscription and count on those who pay... that's another thread all together... :(

I do like to use both - shoe box and text documents...

And did you know that your Shoe Box is not at all private?

------

Further.. re-read your post.

I no longer save documents to my computer unless I really have to - since the majority of my work is volunteer.

Because of the area I live in, we lack "unlimited" internet service choices... I think we only have one provider that offers unlimited, but it's not well known in our community and deemed unreliable. Set up is also complicated.

These monopolistic service providers put a cap on how much you can download.. and if you exceed the limit, the charge can be hefty.

Thank you for your quick reply, appreciate your input.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LostQuays 13 Dec 2012 8:00PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 13 Dec 2012 8:36PM GMT 
LostQuays 13 Dec 2012 8:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions