Search for content in message boards

Customer Service Neglect

Replies: 9

Customer Service Neglect

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
15/12/12: Logged onto Ancestry.com & found I had to become member in order to find the intial birth notice on offer. 14 day free trial offered so I thought I'd try it. HAD to give over all my bank account details before getting access to free trial. Obligingly gave all bank details (like a fool) only to find that the site still wouldnt give access to the birth notice offered anyway!! Went straight to the 'how do I cancel my subscription' information however it wouldnt let me cancel because it didnt recognise me as a member - go figure!! Yet somehow, I began recieving +++++ ancestry.com advertising though!!! Sent email immediately asking for my membership to be terminated immediately and a confirmation email to be sent to my hotmail address. Its now almost 19/12/12...still no communication or even acknowledgement from ancestry.com (yes the advertising is still coming through thick & fast of course which is really irritating). Funny, they want our money & account details but when you want to contact them when something goes wrong...they want us to PHONE them...yes PHONE them as they accept NO (YES THATS RIGHT, NO) methods of written coomunication directly to them. They only direct you to either Facebook, Twitter or here....so here I am!! Warning you all to be very very careful before handing over bank account details to these faceless sites. In desperation I went to facebook today to again ask for some confirmation that my membership would be cancelled...their response: 'please phone us on our free call phone number'!! Yep thats right...they have seemingly chosen to ignore all my formal written requests to cancel and acknowlege my request. Good luck everyone. If my account gets touched there'll be strife! I have supplied my hotmail account for communication numerous times - hopefully they'll acknowledge eventually?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kathmcdevitt 18 Dec 2012 8:53AM GMT 
MissLeadingDo... 18 Dec 2012 2:27PM GMT 
silverfox3280 19 Dec 2012 3:22PM GMT 
daciodan 18 Dec 2012 8:37PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 19 Dec 2012 5:18PM GMT 
BobNY 19 Dec 2012 6:14PM GMT 
LorettaLG 20 Dec 2012 8:36AM GMT 
kathmcdevitt 23 Dec 2012 4:55AM GMT 
daciodan 23 Dec 2012 5:20AM GMT 
debbiealogy 23 Dec 2012 11:54AM GMT 
per page