Search for content in message boards

Windows 8 + Ancestry - PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS SERIOUS DISCUSSION AGAIN

Replies: 15

Re: Windows 8 + Ancestry - PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS SERIOUS DISCUSSION AGAIN

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Dec 2012 3:59PM GMT
Breaking my promise not to post again. Maybe its because I'm a Canadian and don't understand your ways but what many of you don't really get is that board hierarchy isn't as intuitive as you think for new users.

The original question was asking how people found a new platform was working with "Ancestry." This is exactly where I would have come to ask that question. I was a member for two years before really understood they were here and only in the last few weeks found out that Rootsweb was the owner of many boards. That's not something that's explained where newbies can find out. I had searched for a newbie board but hadn't found it until I was pointed to it. Then I was able to back track to *advanced* search for boards because newbies didn't show up in the regular search.

My point is that one can't assume that everyone thinks and logics the same way. Now some of the people on this thread have no use for me and won't be happy I posted but I'm backing them up 100%. If we were all the same it would be a truly boring world.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. This was meant to go under HH reply not here.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hopeful_Helpe... 29 Dec 2012 9:26PM GMT 
mikef333 29 Dec 2012 9:48PM GMT 
oni1st 29 Dec 2012 10:57PM GMT 
bonedigger176 29 Dec 2012 5:26AM GMT 
mikef333 29 Dec 2012 8:05AM GMT 
Hopeful_Helpe... 29 Dec 2012 2:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions