Search for content in message boards

Marriage Records and other illogical recent changes to the website

Replies: 3

Re: Marriage Records and other illogical recent changes to the website

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
I create the marriage fact myself about 98% of the time. I'm finding that sometimes, Ancestry uses the fact I create when I find a reference, and sometimes it doesn't. And, sometimes, it changes the title from "Marriage to John Smith" that I created to just "Marriage." Sometimes, it creates a new marriage record with the same date that I entered. In that case, I have to manually go in and adjust the sources and details to the one I created. If later sources come in, it will create a new marriage record instead of using the one that is already there.
I have not done enough research and tracking on it to tell if it is just certain databases that work oddly , or whether it is the matching process itself that gets confused.
Best advice is to check your overview page after adding any sources to make sure they go where you want them to go.
I do have the same problem mentioned about 2nd and subsequent marriages. They can get really messed up at times.
Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
munfordb 29 Dec 2012 5:28AM GMT 
sl_kelly 29 Dec 2012 7:06AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 29 Dec 2012 4:02PM GMT 
Barbara Taylo... 29 Dec 2012 10:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions