Search for content in message boards

private trees and public trees

Replies: 74

Re: private trees and public trees

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I apologize for "subside" instead of suicide. Auto correct on an iPad is usually a good thing but my eye often sees what I meant to say instead of what a machine decided for me. Mr. Talbotrail I haven't been able to ride any horse let alone my Canadian one in a long time.

I rest my case about the senselessness of asking people to be kind. As long as people praise and bow down to the genealogy police things are hunky dorky. As soon as someone says we could be kinder the tables turn nasty. This time I'm not afraid. I have as much right to speak as anyone else. I was not commenting on the accuracy of the tree, or whether or not trees should or should not be private but on the fun being had at her expense. Also at the attack of someone who also objected to the humiliation. Yes the original poster started it by sounding off so rudely but it has gone on for two days. She's been kicked. Does she have to die too! I've spent the last few weeks reading forums going back years. It gives a different perspective than one at a time. A few people can really make others miserable. It's a do as "we" say or get lost attitude.

I know the way to the hidden Newbie forum on Rootsweb now. I even was part of the discussions getting it going back in about '96 or so but I couldn't find it when I started here. Newbies can't get there easily. When someone suggested it be posted under help that was immediately squelched.

I'm not going to respond to this again. I really do know that even this was fruitless.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sl_kelly 1 Jan 2013 10:08PM GMT 
talbotrail 1 Jan 2013 9:13PM GMT 
oni1st 1 Jan 2013 11:02PM GMT 
talbotrail 1 Jan 2013 11:49PM GMT 
DeborahSweet 7 Jan 2013 8:39PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 7 Jan 2013 9:02PM GMT 
hallcassidy 7 Jan 2013 10:32PM GMT 
DeborahSweet 7 Jan 2013 11:56PM GMT 
BrklynBridge 31 Dec 2012 8:01PM GMT 
JaciGallman 1 Jan 2013 5:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions