Search for content in message boards

newbie question - how to add a photo in a record to media gallery?

Replies: 20

Re: newbie question - how to add a photo in a record to media gallery?

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 10:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2013 10:04AM GMT
...On my G Grandfather's profile page, I click Add A Fact then Custom Event. I type in Obituary and add a few details - and type in the date of the Obituary. I now go to google and bring up once more an Obituary I saw earlier. It is just one sentence but has good information. I right click the page, and the click "Save page to..." I think I now begin to go wrong.
I click Pictures on the left of the "Save As" box and it enters the bar at the top of the page. In the "File Name" space, I click the down arrow and select the Obituary and click Save. It now shows up on a list of other downloads.
I come out of this and go on Ancestry. On my G Grandfather's profile, I click "Upload Media", which is beside the Obituary entry I prepared earlier. Now I click "Select Files". Brian>Pictures is in the bar at top of the page. I select the Obituary image from amidst others on the page. I click this and Obituary appears as the File Name. I click "Open". ...A page now comes up: "Upload Media",and on the left of this page, there is abc in large letters and "Text Document" below it. But it says: "In order to read this file, you will need to download it to your computer."
Baffled. Don't know where I go wrong.
Brian
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BurgessDonnel... 25 Jan 2013 3:29PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 25 Jan 2013 6:54PM GMT 
stevie_d38 25 Jan 2013 8:54PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 25 Jan 2013 10:00PM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 1 Feb 2013 5:00PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 1 Feb 2013 6:09PM GMT 
frostfreedet 1 Feb 2013 6:11PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 2 Feb 2013 6:36PM GMT 
BrianMartin62... 2 Feb 2013 7:07PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 2 Feb 2013 8:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions