Search for content in message boards

how do you all flag tentative connections? plus source question

Replies: 5

how do you all flag tentative connections? plus source question

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
How do you all flag especially tentative spouse and sibling, etc. connections? For example, my 95 year old great aunt has a list of 5 sisters and 1 brother from her family bible and strongly doubts there were any others. But, 2nd hand sources on Ancestry.com (the kind where you can't see the orig document but it says it was from a collections search) and sometimes first hand (where you can actually read the census doc directly) will indicate others. Either they died or moved away and she never knew them, or it's just wrong.

I'd like to be able to flag tentative connections but do you do this with a comment in the Comments section, a note in the private notes feature, in the description field after their birth or death date?

--------------------

Also, I'd like to enter my great aunt as a "source" for the siblings she can confirm but backed out of the formal Add A Source feature in edit mode where it seemed more for formal sources and not anecdotal. Still I want to now which ones I've vetted with a direct contact with an elder family member and if others look later, I want them to be able to weigh that "source" with other more formal sources like documents (or the lack thereof) ...

Do you all go ahead and use the sources feature and treat anecdotal as a Source (albeit a light one)? Or do you enter comments? Etc
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
stevie_d38 25 Jan 2013 8:51PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 25 Jan 2013 9:02PM GMT 
frostfreedet 25 Jan 2013 10:25PM GMT 
stevie_d38 26 Jan 2013 2:19AM GMT 
frostfreedet 26 Jan 2013 3:05AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 26 Jan 2013 5:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic