Search for content in message boards

Major mistake in "Now it’s easier to add info to your tree"

Replies: 4

Re: Major mistake in "Now it’s easier to add info to your tree"

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
In the case of the place my parents lived in in Texas, the post office and town was originally named Busk but the post office name had to be changed to Gouldbusk because there was already a Busk post office. And in another case in Georgia, the post office location for some people in Coffee County for a while was in Homerville in Clinch County so even a change of county which would have the effect of showing people living in Clinch County rather then in Coffee County. There are large numbers of flaws in this new purported "add info" thing. Another that I have seen mentioned is not being able to log people in the same census decade in two different locations. That happens many times and this should never be blocked. My great grandparents were recorded in two different counties in 1880 om Texas because they moved after being counted once and then wound up being counted again in the new location. And will that keep people who add hints from other trees from having the same census listed numerous times. I see that too.As an example the 1880 census will be listed for the same person 3 or 4 times and that comes from someone adding hints from other's trees several times. So I bet that will not be affected will it. Just the ability of the user to save a family in the same decade in different locations. And that is simplification? I think not.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
frostfreedet 1 Feb 2013 6:05PM GMT 
JenHodnett4 1 Feb 2013 7:51PM GMT 
frostfreedet 1 Feb 2013 8:42PM GMT 
mbmjlm 1 Feb 2013 10:12PM GMT 
frostfreedet 2 Feb 2013 6:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions