Search for content in message boards

Marriage databases – no marriage event

Replies: 6

Re: Marriage databases – no marriage event

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 2:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
"The question is, did these db's previously link to the marriage event? Do you (sage) have experience working with these specific db's?"

""Today I was working on something else and found a “North Carolina, Marriage Collection, 1741-2004” match for an individual and darned it doesn’t have the same problem – only difference is I have examples of “North Carolina, Marriage Collection, 1741-2004” sources where there is marriage information and the source does get attached to the marriage event.""

As I said.. so yes specifically in the case of “North Carolina, Marriage Collection, 1741-2004” they did previously link to the marriage event.

"The manner in how a transcribed record links/attaches to the event in a timeline depends on the specific database the transcribed record is from."

Indeed,, and one would think a _marriage_ database would link to the Marriage timeline event (more specifically to the 0 FAM record equivalent) which is not the case for all “Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002” that I've tried and now for at least one “North Carolina, Marriage Collection, 1741-2004” I just tried.

"There is a way to attach a citation to a specific event in the timeline, after it has been linked to the profile."

I am aware of the technique thanks,, doing it manually attaches to only one spouse at a time and not to both like a marriage should (although the citation is exported to the 0 FAM record). In both cases (Tennessee and NC) the database index shows the individuals name, spouses name, marriage date and location. When attaching the Source Citations only have the option of attaching to Name and looking at the Citation as attached to name it shows Name, Detail: (No detail information added).

Either the database is broken or old add has been buggered along with the new beta add.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sageflat 3 Feb 2013 3:38AM GMT 
psecord1157 3 Feb 2013 12:30PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 3 Feb 2013 3:35PM GMT 
sageflat 3 Feb 2013 7:07PM GMT 
daciodan 3 Feb 2013 7:35PM GMT 
sageflat 3 Feb 2013 9:38PM GMT 
sageflat 4 Feb 2013 9:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions