Search for content in message boards

Improved method for Find a person" etc

Replies: 0

Improved method for Find a person" etc

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm surprised no-one has commented on the recent improvement made to the "Find a person in this tree" procedure, and several other places where you get a "drop-down" of your tree list to make a selection.
Previously, this drop-down conflicted with the link to the home person, and so I kept going to my home person instead of the selected person. This no longer happens.
This improvement also applies to the pop-up box for adding a record to a person from your tree. Previously, there were two flaws in this procedure. First, one which I have mentioned on this forum before, was that a little-used subsidiary tree suddenly became the default, that seems to have been eliminated. Second, where the name you are selecting is quite common, eg. "John Smith", the search produced a list that was too long for the height of your monitor, and which would not scroll. Now, thankfully, this list has a scrollbar.
We should thank Ancestry for implementing such a useful update to the program for a change: well done.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions