Search for content in message boards

Need advice

Replies: 6

Re: Need advice

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 2:17PM GMT
I agree with some of the other comments, but I also question what was meant when someone told you that this frequently happens with longtime users. I think that there are quite a few of us here who are very longtime users, and while we may have issues with the site from time to time, I've never heard it said that longtime users will have problems like this, and that the only solution is to download a new browser. That's absurd, and I don't know why anyone would have told you that. It sounds to me like someone wasn't doing their job properly, or there may have been some sort of misunderstanding.
As far as using another browser, I've used Ancestry in at least 3 different browsers, and I generally like Firefox the best. Downloading any browser should not "fry" your computer, unless something "nasty" may have been inadvertently downloaded with it and it crashed your computer, although that was something that any good anti-virus program should have stopped. Whatever the case, it's very easy to download something like FF or Chrome, for that matter, and they should not cause your computer to fry. Just make sure that all of your security software is properly updated, and you should have no problems.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JulieAnnGan 10 Feb 2013 3:33PM GMT 
tante33 10 Feb 2013 4:21PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 10 Feb 2013 5:43PM GMT 
JulieAnnGan 10 Feb 2013 7:09PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 10 Feb 2013 7:21PM GMT 
meekernj 10 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 10 Feb 2013 9:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions