Search for content in message boards

Need advice

Replies: 6

Need advice

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 8:36AM GMT
I am a long time Anc. com subscriber, including DNA testing here. For the past two weeks I have had serious problems signing in, being timed out or kicked off the site constantly. This makes it impossible to use the site.

I called the help desk, they said that it is common for long time users to suddenly have this problem. I was told that the only solution is to download an entirely new browser to my system, which of course, I am not going to do. A major alteration to my computer seems drastic to me, just to accommodate Anc.com.

Is there a better solution to this problem? I have cleared the cache and the other suggestions from previous threads on this topic.

If I do cancel my subscription to Ancestry, what happens to my trees? What happens to the DNA testing and matches?I have spent years on my trees and I intend to download them to my ancestry software program first before I cancel my subscription?

Very sad to have to do this, but I cannot see my way clear to change my computer to suit Ancestry and or keep paying for a site that I cannot use any more.
Thank you in advance.
Julie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JulieAnnGan 10 Feb 2013 3:33PM GMT 
tante33 10 Feb 2013 4:21PM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 10 Feb 2013 5:43PM GMT 
JulieAnnGan 10 Feb 2013 7:09PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 10 Feb 2013 7:21PM GMT 
meekernj 10 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 10 Feb 2013 9:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions