Search for content in message boards

Need to request a new dna board?

Replies: 307

Re: Need to request a new dna board?

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Mar 2013 3:11PM GMT
At the bottom of this page, you will find "Request New Board", which for all I know, goes directly to her.

Even though I don't participate in the DNA boards, I can see the overwhelming need for a forum to FREELY discuss and share all the new developments. Is she STILL deleting and moving posts?

It was a shame that the 2 or 3 new DNA boards were given to her to admin; there were a number of complaints at that time about her meddling with threads. This was her LAME and INSULTING EXCUSE, posted 20 Dec 2012:

"The only posts that were deleted from the DNA/General board were deleted by staff or me because the post violated Community Guidelines by either promoting a commercial company or including a commercial URL, or because the post was off topic for any board.

Some posts were moved because they were off topic for the general board, such as those that mentioned problems with Ancestry DNA technical issues that could be addressed by staff."

You would think that Ancestry would take more of an interest and LISTEN to these unhappy customers, considering that they are paying extra for this product. It's amazing that the DNA members are teaching each other, and it's apparent that there is very little support from Ancestry. It might inspire some confidence in this new technology and attract other participants IF the DNA boards had an knowledgeable admin that DID NOT DERAIL their enthusiasm and education.

There are many members who have an excellent understanding of DNA testing, and any one of them would make a better admin than the current one.

The new community support forums are poorly organized, so I can't see that as an alternative.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 4:01PM GMT 
talbotrail 31 Mar 2013 5:26PM GMT 
daciodan 31 Mar 2013 7:08PM GMT 
Nachalink123 31 Mar 2013 7:09PM GMT 
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 8:38PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 31 Mar 2013 8:46PM GMT 
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 8:57PM GMT 
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 9:10PM GMT 
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 9:48PM GMT 
twotzus 31 Mar 2013 9:51PM GMT