Search for content in message boards

"Story" Compositional Integrity

Replies: 1

"Story" Compositional Integrity

Posted: 5 Apr 2013 10:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2013 3:30PM GMT
I am currently in the process of re-transcribing in ".docx" format a rather lengthy original source transcription that has evidence of OCR errors aplenty and was formatted as a ".doc"...which is going the way of the dodo (not that any format works well with this archaic ACOM "story" platform, but that's another story).

I had previously uploaded a small section of the original transcription so as to commence citing it as a source. This prompted a thought that I had not considered before.

It seems to me that compositional changes made by a "story" contributor should "travel", as well, to any trees that it had been previously "attached" to. Wouldn't that make sense?

Also, if I understand the current design, any story, once "attached", can be subjected to re-editing by any recipient. I think it's at least arguable that recipients should be precluded from editing any other member's "story" contributions. If they feel obliged to edit the original, they could simply re-submit their own edited version.

As it stands now, you can only confirm the integrity of an attached "story" by accessing the link to an original source and making what could often prove to be a difficult comparison.

Thoughts?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BrklynBridge 5 Apr 2013 4:38PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 5 Apr 2013 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic