Unable to view saved records...

Replies: 14

Re: Unable to view saved records...

Posted: 4 May 2013 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2013 10:10PM GMT
AGHatchett3rd,

Ok, yes technically you are right..

These links do contain images though.. and that's what I was referring to.

Obviously ?? Because I called them "images".. you feel I don't understand the nature of the shoebox?

I do believe that everyone who helped me earlier understood what the problem was.. and understood what I meant.. ??

Yesterday I emailed a link to someone who was able to view the record.. whereas - I - couldn't view the record. I was concerned at this point.

I do understand the nature of my "shoebox" quite well, thank you.

Yes.. I download valuable records on my computer... save links in a text file, and source my records. I always know where I can get duplicates if I really need them. As for passenger lists, there are 2 other sites, that will provide me with records if Ancestry can't for whatever technical reason.

I also do a fair bit of volunteer work here and there.. and I highly doubt I will download every single record unless it's a doozy.. and this is where my shoebox comes in handy. Once I know the person has access to the record.. I then clean out my shoebox. I've done my raok..

Those who replied to me earlier also mentioned the other problems this site is facing, and again, I appreciate their help, opinions and constructive advice.

I do understand that Ancestry is trying to upgrade the performance of this site, and I do understand that glitches occur.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LostQuays 4 May 2013 5:42PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 4 May 2013 7:13PM GMT 
LostQuays 4 May 2013 11:26PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 5 May 2013 12:47AM GMT 
LostQuays 5 May 2013 3:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic