Search for content in message boards

Better results with FamilySearch.org

Replies: 0

Better results with FamilySearch.org

Posted: 4 May 2013 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 May 2013 3:15PM GMT
Recently, I have been finding elusive facts using the FamilySearch.org website (usually related to deaths and marriages). I only seem to receive useful hints from the Ancestry site after entering details obtained through an FS.org search. In the last 2 months, the most substantial information I have uncovered has consistently come from FamilySearch. I find myself using Ancestry not for its search capabilities but simply as a forum in which to record details, dates and names found through other sources. Now that Family Search has added those same features to its site (which remains totally free), I am wondering if it makes sense to renew my AC.com membership when it expires in a few months. Is there anyone else out there who is having the same misgivings about Ancestry? I can't determine whether my experience reflects a gap in the Ancestry record collection or a problem with their database query capabilities.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions