Search for content in message boards

EXACT/SAME user-submitter "alternates" and "corrections" are multiplying

Replies: 31

EXACT/SAME user-submitter "alternates" and "corrections" are multiplying

Posted: 17 May 2013 8:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Reviewing the *Recent Member Activity* on my homepage shows me what records I have previously linked to profile in my tree and that have new "alternates" or "corrections" submitted by another user.

Clicking on one of those links from Recent Member Activity, you're directed to the image page, not the transcribed record page.

Using the new image viewer, the only indication of the "alternates" or "corrections" is by clicking the appropriate field in the index, if you can guess. As you see from the attachment, my alternate/correction, as well as a new submitted alternate/correction, for the EXACT SAME alternate/correction I submitted last year. I know which one I made, it has the (edit) next to it, and the data is bold and italicized. What I can't is go to the record transcription page (without 12 steps) to view the details of alternate submission.

Either the user who submitted the same alternate/correction can't see the SAME ONE that already exists or they don't understand how this system works.

Regardless, the proliferation of alternate clutter is out of control, and the way it works in concert with search and
save/review is making this site a junk yard.

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
daciodan 17 May 2013 2:28PM GMT 
BrklynBridge 17 May 2013 2:39PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 17 May 2013 3:02PM GMT 
BrklynBridge 17 May 2013 3:37PM GMT 
jwardh 17 May 2013 6:33PM GMT 
daciodan 17 May 2013 9:05PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 17 May 2013 9:10PM GMT 
jwardh 17 May 2013 6:34PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 17 May 2013 6:45PM GMT 
jwardh 17 May 2013 8:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions