Search for content in message boards

Splitting a tree

Replies: 12

Re: Splitting a tree

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
As someone that was new not so long ago, here's a bit of advice. Have fun, as you did, putting in a bunch of people. But do be a little careful, I had to remove a whole bunch way back then also.
BUT.. now that you have some people in your tree, think about them. Look at the census they are in. See who lived in their family. See where they lived. See if you can find any information on this person's birth, or that person's death. I keep meaning to do this systematically from the home person but finding other interesting areas to study, but then I try to do a thorough job there.
You will make mistakes, if someone comments on a person in your tree with a correction, receive it as welcome and check into it. But try not to make the kind of mistakes where the child was born before the parent.
Don't get aggravated by the shaky leaves.. ignore them until you really want to work on that person. I forget how many hints I have stacked up.. it's a lot.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
barbarajfn 22 Aug 2013 3:20PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 22 Aug 2013 6:00PM GMT 
barbarajfn 22 Aug 2013 8:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions