Search for content in message boards

Relationships Quandry

Replies: 41

Re: Relationships Quandry

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 8:49PM GMT
When I have an adoption situation where the child is not of either the parent's blood line; I create a new tree. It is only connected to the main tree by the adoption. This is a custom adoption tag, that gives the child's name and refers to her tree.

Doing it this way, I can trace the children of the adopted child, and if I ever earn about the parent of the adopted child, I can trace them also.

If I can not find the parents of the adopted child, her tree starts with her, as her blood lines are unknown. Done this way, the adopt child's line can be traced by genetic testing as far back as you can find the child's blood ancestors.

Again genealogy is about blood ancestor, while it gives a social picture of the family its purpose is to provide the blood line on the person.

We have an example of why genealogy must contain only blood line ancestor. That example is the identification of the body of Richard III. This identification was further hindered by the age of Richard III's remains which meant the MDNA, had to be used. The MDNA link can be broken if if only male connections could be found. With Richard III, fortunately, a complete all female line was found between Richard III and a living member of his family.

If there was a gender change in the above line, this test will fail since the blood DNA links will be lost. Even with gender changes, the DNA is not changed. If one of the apparent females in Richard III line had their gender changed, the MDNA link would be broken.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
alexkillby 3 Dec 2010 4:54AM GMT 
2darncute 3 Dec 2010 5:34AM GMT 
swansbh 11 Feb 2013 3:34AM GMT 
frostfreedet 11 Feb 2013 5:36AM GMT 
keithnuttle 11 Feb 2013 2:43PM GMT 
swansbh 12 Feb 2013 11:25PM GMT 
keithnuttle 13 Feb 2013 3:40AM GMT 
carol santos 3 Dec 2010 5:38AM GMT 
Thomas MacEnt... 17 Oct 2007 6:51PM GMT 
sailortech 18 Oct 2007 4:55PM GMT 
per page