Search for content in message boards

Subscription payment options

Replies: 3

Re: Subscription payment options

Posted: 9 Jun 2008 7:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I had a problem paying for my subscription.
My CC co. changed hands & when it came time for my annual auto-renewal would NOT allow the charges applied to my cc. Ancestry was well aware of this issue with my card.

I think the problem is the auto-renew thing & I wish Ancestry wouldn't do this.
Those who have the same kind of card I do were/are using Ancestry's free trial either unknowing that when they gave their cc info Ancestry would start charging them on a month-to-month basis or they know this & just cancel every month & then create a new acct. at Ancestry every month. I imagine this is frustrating to any CC co.

I must have made at least 6 calls before it was settled.
Anyway, during one of the calls to Ancestry they told me I COULD pay for my subscription at Paypal & they told me the amt. to enter.
From previous experience with another subscription paid for using Paypal I was worried they would try to take this money from the small checking acct. instead of using my cc. I don't have enough money in that acct. to pay for my annual Ancestry subscription.
(Long story short about my checking acct. here ...I had problems a few years back when my cc co was hacked into & I became afraid the same might happen to my regular checking acct. so I opened another one at my husband's credit union where I keep a tiny sum of money).

I suggest calling Ancestry and see if they will do this for you. It never hurts to ask..right?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cplawson 4 Jun 2008 12:00AM GMT 
ludlowbaylive 4 Jun 2008 3:16AM GMT 
cplawson 6 Jun 2008 2:38PM GMT 
PriscillaR 9 Jun 2008 1:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions