Search for content in message boards

Charlotte Lottie Fowlkes - Humphreys County Tennessee

Replies: 0

Charlotte Lottie Fowlkes - Humphreys County Tennessee

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 7:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2013 7:56AM GMT
Surnames: FOWLKES
My great grandmother Charlotte FOWLKES Bone, born 8 May 1884 and died at the young age of 22 on 31 March 1907. She was born and raised in Humphreys County. Her daddy was Henry Fowlkes and her mother was Eliza OWEN Porch. Henry was the son of Gabriel and Mary CUMMINS Fowlkes. Charlotte had three sisters, Katherine who married John Forsee, Mary who married Bert Jackson, and Mattie who died at the age of 21. Charlotte married Oscar Os Bone from Humphreys County and they had one daughter (my grandmother) Delilah BONE Nash. Delilah was a little over a year old when her mother died. I never knew Delilah as she died here in Nashville when she was 29, my mother was only 9. However, they brought Delilah home to be buried. I had the privilege of finding Delilah's grave in the Williams Cemetery and I have her death certificate and obit from the newspaper. Os Bone married Sophia WHERRY after Charlotte died. My dilemma is I cannot find any information on how Charlotte died. Because the state of Tennessee did not require death certificates until 1908 I have been unable to find any information on her, other than Find A Grave and what little I have found on Ancestry regarding her family and her marriage to Os Bone. I would like to connect with anyone who may be related to her and would love to have any pictures of her, Delilah, and any other family members. I have been on this quest since I joined Ancestry back in September 2012. Maybe someone has a family bible that has information on Charlotte, or maybe someone has a picture. My mother never had any pics of her mother Delilah or Charlotte. One other bit of information is that when Delilah died the undertaker was Fowlkes Undertaking business. Also, her family came to Nashville to get her remains but, did not take my momma or her siblings. They were put in an orphanage in Nashville where my momma lived from the time she was 9 until she was 18. No one from the Fowlkes, Nash, or Bone family ever came and got her, never tried to find her, and she died of a broken heart in 1998. I'm on this quest to honor my momma, Mrs. Nellie NASH Lane.

Please if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions