Search for content in message boards

Member Trees limited to 10, but summary isn't

Replies: 1

Member Trees limited to 10, but summary isn't

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 12:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
When it tells you that there are 10 member tree matches, it shows a compiled version of that information. In my instance I have proof that the summary a) does not reflect what's in that list (which in this case is good for me), and b) does not allow me to one of the member trees that generated that summary. Sophia Ter Bosch Born 1598, died in Copenhagen. Most people have her listed as Holland, not the correct Copenhagen or (the more accurate) Copenhaven.

When I look at her hints, the Member Trees summary references 10 trees w/ Copenhaven and all the other provincial details in the correct language as the death location. When I go into those 10 trees, it's not there, and... if I ignore the hint and go look there, same result.

a) How do I get the next 10 (or more)...
b) You should show me how many actually exist and that you're only showing 10 of xxx, but to go to (or give me a button to) advanced search to search for what I want.
c) If I search on Copenhagen under advanced, will it get me Copenhaven? Or, do I have to know the correct language for all foreign-born ancestors to get what I need?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Janet DeLucie... 31 Oct 2012 6:31PM GMT 
frostfreedet 1 Nov 2012 2:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions