Search for content in message boards

Am I alone with this irriation? I just HAVE TO VENT... sorry.

Replies: 10

Am I alone with this irriation? I just HAVE TO VENT... sorry.

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am so tired of sorting out "hints" that are people's personal pictures of "direct relative" (that are NOT my direct relative" ) fake pictures of people that are indicative of what the person "may" or most times probably would not look like... (I am in my masters program in history and maybe I am just to picky but someone who lived in the states in 1820 did NOT dress the same as someone who lived in England at that time... and socioeconomic status made a huge difference - I know America likes to think we don't and have never had classes but we do... )

I am also so tired of trees popping up that are not based on verifiable facts :(... I tend to approve some of them IF it looks as it's possible (such as common relatives, same area or similar) and then research for facts and confirm or delete but GEEEZO PEETS.... for every ONE with facts I find dozens with nothing.

I think that some don't understand that every fact must be documented- cite every source for everything for every person. You never know- you might find yourself with the opportunity to write a book, history of your family or anything and if you cannot proof every fact no publisher will go anywhere near you.

Ancestry makes a GREAT guide that is like under 5.00 with shipping at amazon...
It is called "Ancestry's Guide to Research: Case Studies in American Genealogy" By Johni Cerni and Arlene Eakle.

and believe it or not I am not meaning this as a bash at anyone. I just wish people realized when they do these little personalizations or other things like that and make their trees public ancestry's system thinks those photos are "real" photos. so I have to spend hours each week sorting out these things to get to the REAL hints .... such a pain.

NOW I have to say I would not give up having access to public trees in a second even with these frustrations but with my course load, my very large brood of sons. Just have limited time lol.. :) feeling the pressure.....

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mom2FiveBoys 4 Nov 2012 8:40AM GMT 
frostfreedet 4 Nov 2012 9:12AM GMT 
RobinBMc 4 Nov 2012 10:22AM GMT 
Mom2FiveBoys 4 Nov 2012 10:49AM GMT 
rum2001 13 Jan 2013 4:45PM GMT 
Mom2FiveBoys 13 Jan 2013 7:16PM GMT 
LorettaLG 15 Jan 2013 12:00AM GMT 
sl_kelly 16 Jan 2013 3:18AM GMT 
wellsh 15 Jan 2013 11:10PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 15 Jan 2013 11:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions