Search for content in message boards

Ancestery Member Tree (AMT) server issues

Replies: 0

Ancestery Member Tree (AMT) server issues

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yesterday I tried to sync my AMT with the linked tree that was on FTM2012. It had worked nearly every time since I first linked trees in February 2012. I made several attempts 12/17 and 12/18 and each time I received a sync error message. Even after I compacted my FTM file, the error message continued to pop up at about the 75% completion mark when "Processing data from Ancestry". I decided to bite the bullet and unlinked my trees as some of the individuals I had added online were added to my FTM2012 tree but not all the new 800 individuals. Since then I had twice tried to establish a link between my AMT and FTM 2012 but about 15 minutes into the sychronization a message pops up to tell me it has failed. This morning (12/19) I decided to export my AMT of 72,023 individuals to a GEDCOM file. I had done this numerous times prior to February 2012 without a problem. It usually took an hour or so to create the GEDCOM file which I would then download and import into FTM 2012. Ten hours have gone by and the GEDCOM file generation is only 59% complete. (I have refreshed the screen several times to make sure it is still in progress.) I can only conclude that there is a problem with the AMT servers. Anyone else having issues?
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic