Search for content in message boards

Transcribe documents by hand

Replies: 7

Re: Transcribe documents by hand

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Through the years I have printed out most of my information. Some of it I have gone to the trouble of also transcribing. It is useful as a personal tool. It is unlikely that anyone else will accept the validity of it for any purpose but it may intrigue them to go and locate the original. Many of us have learned to have multiple types of backups. Even if you don't have absolutely everything, it is easy enough to relocate those other items when you know the locations. This is also a great reason for the sharing that everyone mentions. Share broadly and it is likely the information will turn up again. I have tried to do that in the past. Most of my family just sits on everything I have ever given them but some families will really become active. Frankly, the census records are a piece of cake to relocate, so are the books, etc. It is really only the wills, land records, etc. that are tough to relocate as they are not always online. I particularly make copies of all of that information and file it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kimjanderson 13 Jan 2013 5:05PM GMT 
rum2001 13 Jan 2013 5:39PM GMT 
scwbcm 13 Jan 2013 5:44PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 13 Jan 2013 6:31PM GMT 
kimjanderson 13 Jan 2013 7:39PM GMT 
scwbcm 13 Jan 2013 10:10PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 13 Jan 2013 10:50PM GMT 
scwbcm 13 Jan 2013 11:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic