To test my tree I ran some obvious searches that should have brought the tree to the top or near the top of the search results. It never appeared. I suspected that Ancestry had not activated the tree or that they require some period of time to populate their databases and perform other procedural requirements in their systems for the tree to be visible in the system.
I apparently assume correctly based upon the replies that I have received to this posting.
I spent nearly 30 minutes with a “Help” desk representative discussing this issue. She was very nice and pleasant and tried to be helpful. However, she was not aware of the above or she was not allowed to inform the customer of the activation procedure and length of time it takes to integrate a new tree into their system.
My point: Ancestry should inform their customers that the customer’s trees will not appear active in their search routines until some time after the customer loads the tree to Ancestry.com which may be several weeks or a few months.
Thanks to all for your input.