Search for content in message boards

"View relationship to me"

Replies: 91

Re: "View relationship to me" Relationship Calculator

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Apr 2013 1:15PM GMT
Mike, the only thing I used the relationship calculator for was to find relationships between two people in the tree who were **not** "me". Of course this was often useless when the widget insisted on counting non-blood-kin (such as 2nd wives of cousins) in the calculation.

Now I must select someone in a given tree to be "me" in order to see the link.

This is nonsensical.

What about surname-study trees where the owner is not in the tree at all? Or trees for a spouse or for an adopted child where the owner is not in the tree. Or genealogists who create trees for clients about generations that do not reach the clients (and of course the creators would nearly never be in these trees themselves). Yuck.

Where is the information on this "Easy (sic) New Feature" for people who start new trees but not with themselves?

By all means provide a way to eliminate the link tree-wide for those who wish to do so, but the silly "me-ness" factor is not, not, not, not, not, not, not the way to do it.

Honestly, there are decision makers who have no idea what is easy and what is not -- such as the creators of the cumbersome new record-connection-to-tree pages with the totally idiotic overlay that requires an extra click for **each person** in order to open fields to do the editing that 99% of the time do require it. This is not easier, it is a harder and worse-than-useless addition. Grrrrrrrrrr.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mike Lawless 4 Apr 2013 4:58PM GMT 
MZashin 4 Apr 2013 10:20PM GMT 
MZashin 4 Apr 2013 11:10PM GMT 
MZashin 4 Apr 2013 11:53PM GMT 
MZashin 4 Apr 2013 11:53PM GMT 
frostfreedet 6 Apr 2013 7:03PM GMT 
frostfreedet 6 Apr 2013 8:14PM GMT 
IrishBet1 12 Apr 2013 10:10AM GMT 
MZashin 20 Apr 2013 11:39PM GMT 
Oboran 9 Jun 2013 11:52PM GMT 
per page