Search for content in message boards

Ancestry Family Tree Search Indexes

Replies: 0

Ancestry Family Tree Search Indexes

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 12:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have become aware that the search indexes for Family Tree searches are not being updated very frequently. i.e. As far as the online help informs me, these indexes are only updated every 4 to 6 weeks, but I suspect recently the update process has not been run for some time period longer than this.

Since any new information added to members' trees will not be available in search results until after the next update, this means that data available to members' is at best upto 6 weeks old and at present I suspect much older.

I would have thought that with modern computer databases, this index update process could be run on a daily or at worst case on a weekly basis such that data is always more up to date.

I understand why Ancestry want to perform searches against these indexes rather than against actual data in members' trees, but I would hope Ancestry will think about improving the frequency of these updates.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions