Search for content in message boards

Children suddenly showing up under "add a spouse"

Replies: 0

Children suddenly showing up under "add a spouse"

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just noticed this happening this morning...while doing research this morning was going to check on a family that I have had in my tree for years (and until this morning everything was correct)......When I went to the profile page for the father I noticed all the children were now listed under "add a spouse" and the wife of the person's profile page (mother of all the children) was not listed with no children......I randomly checked other families and saw this a couple of more times......

How would I fix this? One thing I tried was go to the first child's profile page and clicked on "add mother" and when the second window came up, went to the list of people in tree and picked out the mother....at the bottom of that window it asked if you want to add....and it lists the other children...all the children had check marks so I figured all the children would now have this mother.

Well, when I did that.....the only child now listed under the mother is the first one....all of the others were still listed under "add a spouse".......not knowing what else to do I went to the profile page of all 12 children and individually added a mother.....

I have never seen this happen before......is the a glitch going on with Ancestry or what?......Is there anyway to find out where this is happening without going through the whole tree one family at a time?

Barb

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions