Search for content in message boards

Is the appearance of some shaky leaf hints case-sensitive?

Replies: 4

Is the appearance of some shaky leaf hints case-sensitive?

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
My tree was finally getting big enough that I needed a way to distinguish direct-line ancestors from all the other relative-ancestors. Users solve this problem in various ways - such as the use an image of a tree. I decided I would capitalize the surnames of all my direct-line ancestors. So, I decided to start about an hour ago. Everything was going fine, I had completed maybe five or ten individuals, when all of a sudden, my "view recent hints" green shaky leaf at the top of the page started going crazy. All kinds of new hints were coming in fast & furious. And they were all on folks whom I had just capitalized their last names.
At first I thought, maybe all the ignored hints might be re-appearing. But, as far as I can tell, that's not it. These are new hints.
I wish some of you would try this... just capitalize a few of your surnames (you can change them back) and see what happens. Mind you, I only changed the capitalization - not the spelling. If it turns out this is universal for everyone, Ancestry seems to have a major flaw in their algorithm for hints.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jodjam 20 Apr 2013 8:14PM GMT 
jwardh 20 Apr 2013 8:17PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 21 Apr 2013 12:25AM GMT 
jodjam 21 Apr 2013 4:09AM GMT 
daciodan 21 Apr 2013 2:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions