Search for content in message boards

A bad experience last night

Replies: 6

A bad experience last night

Posted: 11 May 2013 10:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 May 2013 10:59AM GMT
I posted this just now to the private messages option for an Ancestry staff person who had responded to a complaint.

"I had a nasty experience last night while saving a census record for 1940. For some reason, this particular record for this particular person and only this particular record for this particular person, kicked me into what I guess is your WONDERFUL new record save. Here is what happened. I had this person's actual birth and death dates in there. So--this new WONDERFUL thing just erased my actual birth and death dates and substituted the age based on the census age in this 1940 census record. I had to replace every date I had-I had to click and click(endlesly) to fix what this WONDERFUL NEW THING MESSED UP FOR ME. I tell you and all the others that if this WONDERFUL NEW THING is implemented I will not save any records anymore."

After that one census, everything just went back to the previous save options. So-with this new thing, if everytime a record is saved it wipes out birth and death dates and any other thing that was already there, it is just really ugly and I will not use it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mbmjlm 11 May 2013 4:57PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 11 May 2013 5:11PM GMT 
mbmjlm 11 May 2013 7:07PM GMT 
daciodan 11 May 2013 8:08PM GMT 
mbmjlm 11 May 2013 8:36PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 11 May 2013 5:56PM GMT 
mbmjlm 11 May 2013 7:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions