Search for content in message boards

Frustrated with private trees WHO ARE DNA TESTED

Replies: 20

Re: Frustrated with private trees AND DNA MATCHES

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2013 8:18PM GMT
What exactly did ACOM sell as part of the DNA testing kit? That is the question. I doubt that ACOM guaranteed purchasers access to ALL trees, particularly when no coordination was made with ALL tree owners. The problems discussed previously involve two parties only, ACOM and those who purchased DNA testing kits. There is no requirement for anyone to post a tree with skeletal information to be used solely for matching DNA test results.

No problem can be resolved by venting on the message boards. One needs to take the matter up with the purveyor of the DNA testing kits; namely, ACOM. ACOM should have explained how the program is intended to function, what limitations may be encountered, and what other avenues may be available to those who tested and need assistance in identifying matched data.

As I suggested in my previous posting, I recommend that those who feel they are being thwarted in achieving their goal of matching DNA results work together to approach ACOM with a plan to avoid roadblocks and brick walls. I would think that ACOM would be happy to set up a database listing DNA results, privacy ensured, for matching and posting skeletal trees publicly available to all testers for comparison.

Caveat: ACOM is unlikely to impose and require mandatory posting by all testers, since DNA testing is a private matter. Privacy rights supersede those of testers who demand revelation of information deemed private by others. Those who feel they have a beef regarding this topic, owe it to themselves and others to present a proposal to ACOM, once they have organized, discussed, and developed a workable solution to meet their needs.

As one poster previously asked, "What if all trees were Private?" Using that question as a basis for discussion and sharing, while applying positive thinking to the process, may reveal opportunities heretofore unknown. Thinking outside the box may provide solutions to the problem.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bonedigger176 18 Aug 2013 7:09PM GMT 
fhsleuth 19 Aug 2013 1:42AM GMT 
fhsleuth 19 Aug 2013 2:57AM GMT 
twotzus 25 Aug 2013 4:09PM GMT 
fhsleuth 28 Aug 2013 5:46PM GMT 
scwbcm 28 Aug 2013 7:27PM GMT 
twotzus 29 Aug 2013 3:58PM GMT 
RobinBMc 18 Aug 2013 5:25PM GMT 
joyecho 17 Aug 2013 2:21PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 17 Aug 2013 4:56PM GMT 
per page