Search for content in message boards

Public Member Trees Are A Joke

Replies: 13

Re: Public Member Trees Are A Joke

Posted: 13 Feb 2014 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Feb 2014 1:15PM GMT
Oh I agree 100% on the royalty thing, we all have them somewhere way back but, so to make my snide comment a bit more clear, it;s the newcomers i target, the drivebys, that it seems that if they don't find asap that thre folks didn't do the Mayflower trip or Pocahontas isn't their grandma or Jesse James is their grandpa then what's the use of knowing their history so give up on it all.

';ve being doing this online since 1999 and I never get tired of discovering a great or interesting person in my lines. 99.9% are plain ole simple dirt farmers in deep south USA but if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here.

I tried to explain the dirt farmer thing to a new found Clark cousin online and that our grandfather wasn't David Clark that was the PIlot on the Mayflower like she thought,, she gave up walked off and left a bad messy Ancestry Family Member Tree still online. The file was so screwed up I suggested she make it private or delete it to get the garbage off the www. Nope, she just left it hanging forever and ever so far. Nary a correction too for all to see,,not private.

She, like a lot of week end warrior wannabes figured out real fast how to download and attach all the frilly colorful stuff and attach to all her fabricated uppity ancestors but she never could figure out how to delete all the dupes, trips, quad entries, and more, on the same people. Selective learning curve??

But don't get wrong, I love my uppity ancestors too I just don't gather up and copy/paste interesting folks from other peoples files into my file or even worse,, to fabricate and invent ancestors to be what I want them to be.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerry Stevens 13 Feb 2014 8:09PM GMT 
barbarajfn 13 Feb 2014 9:47PM GMT 
deeflint01 19 Feb 2014 2:07AM GMT 
deeflint01 19 Feb 2014 2:13AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic