Search for content in message boards

Public Member Trees Rating System by fellow owners

Replies: 13

Re: Public Member Trees Rating System by fellow owners

Posted: 13 Feb 2014 5:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
For my benefit?

Sure would be nice if all these junk trees., that are protected so well, that use my hard work willy nilly that was really researched, documented to the max and proven correct, for years and pieced together,, would stop using my work for "their benefit" that they put in their so called family files for their benefit, of course shouldn't benefit me.
I'm talking about dozens of junked up trees that use my work and my work is not even at Ancestry.com in any way but another site online.
Condone and enable mediocrity, or even less if you want to. That's not my nature.

And when I say "my hard work" I don't mean the online lazy clicking around like most here do. Don't have a clue about it, nor care about. Can't even grasp what it's all
about it as far as I can tell.
Just plagiarize others hard proven works and paste it into their sorry pathetic little files and call that genealogy,, research. And I don't mean work that I gathered from online like these jokers here, I mean driving for miles, hundreds of ,miles in some cases, spending long hours in archives and back rooms of libraries digging stuff out to piece it all together so the lazy ones can copy/paste and brag about what all they have researched and done . Of course you might not understand that yourself. much less care about any of that.

It wouldn't be so bad for the lazy ones to use my, or others, work, for that matter, if they just wouldn't start whittling on it and twisting and warping it to fit their liking.
But I'm sure that approach is okay with you too and from what I am learning here, would be okay with most in these forums. What a shame.

So when you spout,, "" Trees aren't created for your benefit"" to me, you need to know more about what you spout about before you spout.

My work is good enough to benefit them but not good enough to benefit me,, the schmuck that created much of their files to begin with.

I think I am seeing the light here and can see now how the PMTs got so screwed up. So please pardon me for trying to come up with ideas to better this sites features.
I won't do it again. Let the whole site remain to look like a bunch of foolish clowns trying to play research aka copy/paste.

And for you guys that would remove your trees if it were to be critiqued by your peers,, what does that say about you and your work? If you can't stand the pressure, don't dress out?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jerry Stevens 13 Feb 2014 9:29PM GMT 
mbmjlm 13 Feb 2014 10:45PM GMT 
RobinBMc 13 Feb 2014 10:51PM GMT 
McComberdesce... 14 Feb 2014 12:09AM GMT 
Jerry Stevens 14 Feb 2014 12:20AM GMT 
sl_kelly 14 Feb 2014 12:28AM GMT 
Jerry Stevens 14 Feb 2014 12:47AM GMT 
RobinBMc 14 Feb 2014 12:56AM GMT 
bonedigger176 14 Feb 2014 12:58AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 17 Feb 2014 12:43AM GMT 
per page