Search for content in message boards

Changing Familly Tree Member to Editor or Contributor?

Replies: 2

Re: Changing Familly Tree Member to Editor or Contributor?

Posted: 15 Feb 2014 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Look under tree pages right under the name of your tree-click on that and then select "tree overview"-on the right side of the page scroll down to "manage invitees"-select that and the list of your invitees will come up-3rd column on that page is headed "role" so you can select each person and then change their status. I believe you will have to change the status of each person as I have found no global option to do that. Word of caution: Be careful whom you change to contributor and/or editor. When I first created my trees I set each invitee up as editor because I did not want to hurt someone's feelings-later I change most to contributor. Recently I found that some invitee had added a whole line of people whom I could not even connect to anyone in my trees and even worse, they had been added by linking info from other persons trees and had added the names 4 and even 5 times all with erroneous information from those other trees- thereby making a real mess of that tree. So I changed each person to guest. I'm very careful with my trees and never do I link and add persons simply by links from another person's trees. I always manually add names and vitals. By doing that I can look at the data and refrain from my trees becoming junk trees.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Jenning... 15 Feb 2014 3:00AM GMT 
mbmjlm 15 Feb 2014 7:20AM GMT 
McComberdesce... 15 Feb 2014 11:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions