Search for content in message boards

stolen photos

Replies: 90

Re: stolen photos

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
WOW! Now I remember why I post so little on these boards.

ryleen1 it looks like you sadly ran into those individuals who think that whatever they believe is right and all else is wrong. There are some incredibly rude individuals on here and you have just met a couple of them. You are by no means impolite, unkind, or unthoughtful.

Also, I do not see where you are making assumptions. Each individual who joined Ancestry was asked to acknowledge that they read and understood the terms and conditions. Those have changed over the years but one thing has remained the same: Ancestry is designed for sharing images. THAT is how Ancestry makes its money. (There are far too many websites out there that offer trees and tree space for free.) So Ancestry has and always will ensure that there is a statement in their terms that allows the sharing of any images, docs, etc that any member posts.

Now it seems to me that the only assumption ryleen1 made in her statements was to believe that people are not stupid and thus:
1) they were intelligent enough to know better than to sign to something they have not bothered to read;
2) they were intelligent enough to be able to understand what they read;
3) when acknowledging the terms they were actually were telling the truth,
4) and that most people have better things to do than to repeat themselves all day.

ryleen1 your method is spot on excellent. By acknowledging the Terms of Service when joining Ancestry, they have already given their approval to copy their images. For those that failed to use their brain and have issues with this, your polite thank you will alert them to the fact that you have copied their image and they may THEN contact you, if they choose, to discuss the issue further.

For me and my images, I have a much too full and complete life to follow after everyone and give permission that I have already given for copying of my images. But a nice thank you would never go amiss and to hear that it helped someone makes me want to work harder to get the rest of the hundred or so up.

ryleen1 YOU are an excellent Ancestry member neighbor, to bad there are so many out there that can not and will not learn from individuals such as yourself.

Tam
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mbmjlm 11 Oct 2012 11:21PM GMT 
danders0n 9 Jun 2013 4:32PM GMT 
danders0n 9 Jun 2013 4:31PM GMT 
Jj Breen 9 Jun 2013 11:28PM GMT 
ryleen1 10 Jun 2013 12:43AM GMT 
Jj Breen 10 Jun 2013 1:23AM GMT 
ryleen1 10 Jun 2013 9:38AM GMT 
Jj Breen 10 Jun 2013 5:48PM GMT 
rum2001 11 Jun 2013 4:34AM GMT 
ryleen1 11 Jun 2013 9:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions