Search for content in message boards

stolen photos

Replies: 90

Re: stolen photos

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
These are assumptions/accusations.

1) How can anyone possibly know to what generation I belong? Impossible. Would it help to know that in 2012 I celebrated the centennial of my father's birth?

2) Also, effectively I was just called impolite, unkind, and unthoughtful.

But how so?

I stated my own "take" on the issue, without any name-calling.

My approach, I believe, is polite; my attempt is indeed to be kind and considerate to other members.

I would rather NOT annoy Ancestry members who have read the terms, conditions, and guidelines for membership by asking them to unnecessarily take the time to write to me, when there is an excellent chance that they will find it a nuisance! -- Such persons might be tempted to suggest politely that I ought to read Ancestry's terms and conditions some day. I wouldn't blame them.

There is (for me) only one choice --

Shall I pester folks who already know it's unnecessary for me to request "permission," because they've already given it?

Or should I instead risk annoying people who are not satisfied with receiving a public note of gratitude (thus giving "credit" to the one who graciously posted it!), members who either don't know or don't like the terms they already agreed to.

It's been my decision to NOT bother folks unnecessarily, but at the same time to make certain they receive my gratitude in a way that doesn't compel them to spend time responding.

How is that in any way impolite or unthoughtful?

It may be that others think my attempt to be considerate is insincere, perhaps a "cover" for shouting out loud that I'm in some selfish way "entitled."

I do, however, wonder if it's kind to assume the worst about another poster on these boards.

I recognize, from having read each person's contribution to this lengthy thread, that diverse opinions are being expressed on the topic. It was my intent to share my own view along with its rationale. Politely.

Agreeing to disagree is part and parcel of a civil discussion..
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mbmjlm 11 Oct 2012 11:21PM GMT 
danders0n 9 Jun 2013 4:32PM GMT 
danders0n 9 Jun 2013 4:31PM GMT 
Jj Breen 9 Jun 2013 11:28PM GMT 
ryleen1 10 Jun 2013 12:43AM GMT 
Jj Breen 10 Jun 2013 1:23AM GMT 
ryleen1 10 Jun 2013 9:38AM GMT 
Jj Breen 10 Jun 2013 5:48PM GMT 
rum2001 11 Jun 2013 4:34AM GMT 
ryleen1 11 Jun 2013 9:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions