Search for content in message boards

The rumors were true

Replies: 1

The rumors were true

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: George,Harris,Henderson
My fathers always told me growing up that we had family in Canada, England and Australia. I thought it was just something he was misinformed about since there could not have been many black English and Australians at that time in those countries.

After a year of research I found out he was correct. His grandfather was Canadian, his great grandfather and mother were English/Australian.

With the help of several messageboard users the documents as proof were uncovered. They also helped to uncover some questions about the whereabouts of a woman after her husband died (still looking for information about him).

In addition to that I was contacted by a member who shared photos. When she first sent the photos I thought she had the wrong person because the photos were of white people. I told her she was mistaken. In her next email she explained that an ancestor once him and his wife moved from Canada to the US changed his race and age.

I am thankful for this site to help me reconnect to my past. I wish my parents were alive to share in my joy in building our family tree.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RedPanda79 13 Aug 2010 7:47PM GMT 
tulrose 14 Aug 2010 12:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions