Search for content in message boards

i found a connection to my husband from almost 100 years ago

Replies: 0

i found a connection to my husband from almost 100 years ago

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
To whom it may concern,

My name is Elisa Santagati Kadel. I have a 4 year old son and in an effort to introduce him to his own genealogy I began researching my husband's family on Ancestry.com. My husband's stepmother is Italian and her maiden name is DiDio and I am half Italian. As I was doing the research I decided to look up my own family's history as well. As I went through the sight I came upon the Ellis Island passenger Manifest for the ship "The S.S. Berlin" sheet for my Great-Grandfather, Santo Santagati, my father's grandfather. As I went down the list looking for the name Santo Santagati,I noticed that the name directly below it was Giuseppe DiDio. Quite a bit curious, I called my stepmother-in-law and asked her if she knew a Giuseppe DiDio and as it turned out, he was her Great Grandfather. So my Great Grandfather and my stepmother in law's great grandfather came over to America on the SAME boat and were checked in to Ellis Island, consecutively. This also means that more than likely, since they were in line for , what I'm sure was a LONG time, they more than likely had a conversation or at the very least said hello to each other. Oh how i wish i could know what they said but who would have known that almost a century later Santo's great granddaughter would meet and marry Giuseppe's great granddaughter's stepson, especially considering that my husband grew up in Idaho and I grew up in South Carolina. Thank you Ancestry.com for making your sight without which my husband would never have known this fact in our family histories.

Sincerely,

Elisa S. Kadel

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions