Search for content in message boards

Uniting Two Cousins

Replies: 0

Uniting Two Cousins

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is the power of Family Tree Research folks, i connected two cousins whom had never met before but we're at the same very place.... I hope Sherian Phelen Chastain and Monica Guilen Ulatan don't mind me sharing there messages here.
Sherian Phelen Chastain -
"I had fun showing them to Monica today. That was too weird, we set up our booth at her Antique shop 2 weeks ago not knowing she was my cousin. Then today while working my day at the shop I was talking to Monica about facebook and your name came up and then she said jimmy dale - I couldn't believe it - we were related. See what your work has done....good job!"

Monica Ulatan Guilen
"Hi Chris,
This is amazing! But the truly amazing part of this is what happened after I received the email from Facebook alerting me to your friend request. First of all, let me give you a little background. I own an antique shop and I rent part of my store out to other dealers and sell their merchandise. A week ago I rented a small space out to a mother and daughter team. I had never met them until they came into the store asking to rent a space. They are required to work 2 days per month at the store. They decided to work their first day today (Friday). After I sent you the email this morning asking whether we might be related, I went off to work at the store. While I was sitting at the store this afternoon, chatting to my new dealer, I received your email telling me that yes, we are related. When I glanced down to see who the email was from, I saw that it was from you. I looked up and told the dealer that a strange thing had happened this morning, that I had received a Facebook friend request from a guy named Chris, who had a grandfather named Jimmy Dean, and a Great grandfather named Alva, and I had a cousin named Jimmy Dean and an uncle named Alva. She said "was it from Chris Bergstrom"? ( I hadn't mentioned your last name) I said "yes", and she said "then I'm your cousin!! Her name is Sherian Chastain, and her daughter is Dacia. Her mother is Daisy, your grandfather's sister. Can you believe it!!!

If I had received your email on any other day but today, she would not have been right there beside me, and I would never have had occasion to mention you. The stars must have been perfectly aligned to make this happen. I still can't believe how bazaar it was. We spent the rest of the day catching up and comparing stories. I had a great time.

I remember almost all of your great Aunts and Uncles. I even remember making mud pies with Ina Lou (Georgia's daughter). Please tell everyone there Hi for me, perhaps they will remember me. "

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions