Search for content in message boards

Indiana Marriage DB index entries messed up

Replies: 0

Indiana Marriage DB index entries messed up

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Sep 2012 9:21PM GMT
The index for the Indiana Marriage Collection 1800-1941 is having an issue, which I've noticed for at least a month but believe it's been longer. As an example, when doing a search for Nora Burcham in Greene County, the result will show something such as "Oct Sep 1913" for the marriage date. Following the link, the next page will say "Sep 1913" with no other info. I've figured out that the "Oct Sep 1913" actually equates to Oct 9, 1913 which is, in fact, when Nora married Luther Duncan in that county. Somehow or another the numerical digit for the day of the event has been converted to a month in text form in the index. This issue needs to be corrected.

Edit by author 9/26/2012: I've attached screen shots of what I've been seeing for a while along with an image of the actual WPA marriage index in my possession outside of Ancestry. This post was originally posted to the Ancestry Improvements board but some administrator decided it should be moved to the U.S. Collection board instead.
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions