Search for content in message boards

Adding Missing Names to Ancestry Index

Replies: 2

Adding Missing Names to Ancestry Index

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I'm not sure I'm in the proper board as my question applies to more than just the U.S. Records Collection but I'll give it a shot. Since Ancestry has come out with numerous new City Directories I thought I'd be busy searching and adding new data to my tree's but this hasn't been the case. I've searched for a relative whom I know lived in a certain city at a certain date but no record of them came up. I then decided to browse the directory in question and found them. When I looked through the "Ancestry Index" panel at the bottom of the screen their name, address, occupation information was not there. As a matter of fact it seemed that numerous names were missing. That would explain why they never came up in the search. I looked for a blank area I could add their info to but nothing. I right-clicked "Add Update" but that only allowed me to update the persons name on the list that was already there...not add a new one. I can not find anywhere on the page that will let me do this. This problem doesn't seem to be confined to just the U.S. Directories. Ancestry has added numerous "Canada voter Lists" up here in Canada and I had the same problem. I knew my Aunt in a certain city and date. She did not come up in the search so I browsed and found her, but again no info in the bottom index. Luckily, I was able to add her because the scanning software Ancestry uses mistook the name of the district she lived in (Prince George) with a proper name and listed a "George, Prince" with no other information. In this case I did click "Add Update" on this listing and added her information to it. Is there anyone that could please help me out with this? Thank-you, Greg
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GregTaylor195... 17 Feb 2013 7:09PM GMT 
frostfreedet 21 Feb 2013 2:49AM GMT 
GregTaylor195... 21 Feb 2013 6:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions