Search for content in message boards

Svenson, Eronson, Ericksson

Replies: 0

Svenson, Eronson, Ericksson

Posted: 20 May 2013 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great, great grandmother whose name was Greta (Eriksdotter) Ersdotter was born 5 Dec 1828 at Boltilsater Parish in Karlstad Varmland and lived at Ofvergarden. She was married to Sven Andersson who died in 1872. I have found her on a manifest for a ship called SS Ariosto on 23 Jun 1905 and then again on a Canadian border crossing listing the destination of Revillo, South Dakota. She was traveling with her daughter Sophia (who was a single mother) and her daughter whose name was Ellen Kristina. I have searched and searched and am unable to find what happened to them after the arrival to the USA. The daughter Sophia is listed with the surname Eronson on the border crossing.
My great grandfather, Andrew Swenson, who was the son of Sven Andersson and Greta Ersdotter moved that same year from Walnut Grove MN to Grant County, South Dakota.
If anyone could find more information on the three immigants I would so much appreciate it.
Greta Ersdotter: b) 5 Dec. 1828
Sophia Svensdotter (Eronson) b) 28 Dec 1870
Ellen Kristina b)9 Dec 1898

Greta Ersdotter had another son whose name was Johan Fredrik Svensson who was also born in Botilsater Parish, Varmland, Sweden on 23 Nov. 1855. He immigrated 7 Jul 1883. I have never been able to find what happened to him other than a clue in a family writing which stated that when Andrew immigrated years later…he met up with his brother in Sanborn County. I assume this to be MN.

Find a board about a specific topic