Search for content in message boards

Robertson-Wharton

Replies: 0

Robertson-Wharton

Posted: 17 Aug 2013 1:21PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
I am seeking the final resting place of my second great grandmother, Nannie Baptist Wharton Robertson, from Culpeper, Virginia. According to family records, she refugeed with her sister, Sarah Wharton Greene, from Virginia when Union forces took over the family home.

She married my second great grandfather, Sledge Minns Robertson, from Cussetta, Alabama in 1865 in Russell County, Alabama, by the Rev. Samuel Henderson.

According to family records, she died in Dale County, Alabama in 1871, leaving two young sons along with my second great grandfather.

Family records state that Sledge Minns Robertson served as Chambers County Sheriff before leaving Alabama and moving to Washington County, Florida.

There is a Robertson Cemetery in Cussetta, Alabama. My 3rd great grandparents are buried there along with a host of other Robertson Family members.

There are several unmarked graves, which I believe she may be buried there. Does anyone know who might have a plat of the the cemetery there? Someone who has record of who is actually buried there?

Thanks so much.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions