Search for content in message boards

Holy Hope Cemetery Tucson

Replies: 3

Re: Holy Hope Cemetery Tucson

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently requested several photos from the findagrave volunteers for Holy Hope Cemetery. Initially, they were told that records did not exist. I emailed an inquiry to Holy Hope and received a reply from the cemetery systems coordinator. She was also able to provide me with the burial locations.

She was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the cemetery and explained that there are areas of the cemetery that they "are not able to rehabilitate...due to an agreement with local Tribes." This may account for the condition of the cemetery in some areas, in addition to environmental elements that they cannot control. More than likely, they do not have the premises strewn with lawn chairs and beer bottles. This is the case with the Yuma Cemetery which I have visited.

I found the Coordinator to be both professional and extremely helpful. She would encourage any individual seeking information on burials prior to 1960 to send an email to familyservice@dotcc.org. "I’ll do my very best to answer each one as quickly and thoroughly as possible."

I'd also like to mention that the Find A Grave volunteers do a tremendous job and should be commended for their generosity in photographing the gravestones.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
geniennepetty... 30 Oct 2008 12:00AM GMT 
harlanelisa 7 Jul 2009 7:54PM GMT 
rlahistory 21 Aug 2009 5:49AM GMT 
lsmusher 30 Aug 2012 7:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions