Search for content in message boards

Angeles Abbey Memorial Park, Compton, CA

Replies: 0

Angeles Abbey Memorial Park, Compton, CA

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too have some family members, my grandfather - 2 cousins, along with one of the cousin husband & cousin step-daughter & husband buried at Angeles Abbey Mausoleum & Memorial Park.

On Friday, 12/13/12, my husband & I took a drive over to Angeles Abbey Memorial Park, and I have to say, the architecture of the mausoleums is very different.

Shantel is the Office Manager, and she was very helpful, she then sent us to meet Oscar who is the General Manager. Oscar was wonderful, he located my family members in the 2nd mausoleum and took us inside and we were able to take pictures.

The older mausoleums have 2 stories and are locked, because of vandalism, and other problems, the newer mausoleum is open, it does has security. Once you step inside the older mausoleum, it is takes you back in time, to the lobby of a grand hotel, the mausoleum is beautiful. Sadly kids have broken the stained glass windows, and the paint is peeling inside, so much work is needed to bring the mausoleums up.

The grounds are still in use, the mausoleums, do have crypts that still aren't used, and the staff isn't sure what has happened to the people, the mausoleum has bought some of the crypts back.

I encourage anyone who has family members buried at Angeles Abbey, Memorial Park, to make the drive over and see it for yourself.

Oscar explained they keep a low profile because of the area of town they are in, and I agree.

The hours are Mon-Fri, 8:00-4:30, and if you don't have a camera, Oscar encourages visitors to bring a camera and take pictures.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions