Search for content in message boards

Old Creech/New Creech Cemetary

Replies: 0

Old Creech/New Creech Cemetary

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 10:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: smith
I am looking for information on who is buried in the Old Creech/New Creech cemetaries in Harlan County, Kentucky. These cemetaries at one time where owned by the Creech Coal Company in Harlan as a place for the coal workers to bury their loved ones. These are NOT the Creech family/surname cemetaries. I have several relatives that are buried in these cemetaries. My grandmother has said that they are "up on a hill behind the new school (I think the school is named Lone Jack but I am not completely sure about that). There are two cemetaries up there; one on one hill and one on another. She said the last time they went up there to clean off my grandfather's father and mother's graves, they could't get to one of the cemetaries because it was so overgrown and full of rattlesnakes. I am hoping maybe someone transcribed them before they got that way. I am particularly looking for a Frank Smith who died in 1928 in the coal mines, his brother Robert Smith who died in 1927 in the coal mines and then their mother Rhoda Smith. I do not have a death date for her but it should have been between 1900 and 1908. They should be buried with George Smith who died in 1948 and his wife Della Smith. There is also the son of George and Della named James who died in 1970 that is supposed to have been buried up there as well.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions