Search for content in message boards

Church Cemetery in Richland Parish

Replies: 1

Church Cemetery in Richland Parish

Doris Davis (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2006 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Reeme, Herlong, Robinson,
I am trying to locate my grandmother's grave, somewhere in a church cemetery in Richland Parish, LA, probably near Dunn and/or Delhi. . She died October 24, 1918 in the Influenza Epidemic. Her name was Emma Elizabeth (Evans) Reeme. She was wife of Joseph Albert Reeme. Her parents were Hardy Evans and Ellen (Herlong) Evans.

There appears to be no death certificate for her. Apparently, many deaths were not officially recorded at that time possibly due to the overwhelming conditions.

I recall back in the late fifties my mother and a few others of us were shown the approximate location where her grave was located in a church cemetery. In my childhood memory, (about 15 yrs old) I recalled a little white church next to the cemetery. (possible wooden?) Also, I seem to recall a chain link fence.

For years now, and not recalling the name of the church or its location, we have been unable to find this particular church to possible examine burial records, if they exist.

Would anyone know about any older, small churches of this description in the area with cemeteries. I see the cemetery lists online, but since her grave was not marked it has not appeared anywhere. I can only hope to locate some older church records that may show something.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Doris Davis 22 Jul 2006 4:21PM GMT 
bf_carmack 1 Sep 2013 3:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions